IRS, Attorney General and Other Regulatory Issues
Facing an audit by the IRS or Attorney General is a daunting prospect. The legal specialists at The Law Firm for Non-Profits can help you wade through the quagmire of laws affecting your non-profit organization so that you can avoid trouble with the IRS and Attorney General. Put simply, we minimize the terror associated with an audit and get the work done.
We support and guide people and non-profits in these areas:
- Compliance with federal and state non-profit and tax-exemption laws
- Review of non-profit tax returns and charity regulator filings
- Support during Attorney General and charity regulator audits
- Dissolutions and insolvencies
- Ensuring proper use and application of charitable funds
- Property tax exemptions
- Charitable solicitation registrations
- Donation deductibility and acknowledgement
- Advance ruling period and public support test calculations
- Permissible lobbying activity and avoiding unlawful campaign activity
Did you know that the format of the non-profit tax return will be changing? For more information, click here.