U.S. non-profit organizations that operate outside the country must comply with additional laws imposed by Congress and the IRS.
A rarity in the industry, we have extensive experience with private foundations and other non-profits that make grants overseas and engage in cross-border work. From “simple” grant-making involving non-U.S. entities to having operations overseas and everything in between, we can help you protect your international activities.
We support and guide non-profits in a wide range of international areas, including:
- Federal requirements for grant-making to overseas organizations;
- “Friends of” organizations to support foreign non-profits;
- Expenditure responsibility and foreign equivalency requirements for grants to foreign charities;
- Risk management for U.S. charities operating overseas; and
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department anti-terrorism guidelines (including the USA Patriot Act).
Contact us to learn more about how we can help your non-profit thrive.