Private foundations must comply with a broad set of laws and regulations governing almost every aspect of their operations, including grant-making. With our expert knowledge of these myriad rules, we guide the activities of our foundation clients so they can realize their objectives while avoiding violations of self-dealing, taxable expenditures, qualifying distributions, jeopardizing investments and other regulations.
We support and advise non-profits in a wide range of private foundation and grant-making areas, including:
- Grant-making policies and procedures, including grant agreements;
- Private operating foundations;
- Grant-making to foreign organizations;
- Grant-making to entities that are not public charities;
- Program-related investments;
- Avoiding and minimizing private foundation excise penalties;
- Major donor issues; and
- Scholarships, prizes and grants to individuals.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help your non-profit thrive.